This week we are featuring: ALFAdesigns
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Do you have a family? Do you have pets? What do you do at your day job? Or is Etsy your full time job?
I am a happily retired data analyst and computer programmer. I do have family I love dearly. I don’t have pets, unless you count birds, squirrels, and occasionally visiting raccoons in our back yard. They do feed on our fruits and vegetables, after all ;-)
2. How long have you had your Etsy Shop?
I opened my shop in November 2012.
3. How did you come up with your shop name? ALFA came from my initials. “_designs” was added because ALFA was already taken. Of course, I came up with a much better shop name in about a month after opening, but by then it was too late.
4. What types of items does your shop carry? I design and make OOAK jewelry, mainly necklaces, but also some earrings and bracelets.
5. How long have you been creating jewelry (even before you had your Etsy shop)?
6. What is your process for making your items?
|Art Deco Gothic Earrings Gunmetal Black Purple|
7. What inspires you?
I usually have a music playing while work, it creates a mood. And I normally go from color – to combinations of colors – to final design.
8. If you could give a new Etsian one piece of advice, what would that be?
Try to have fun. It is very difficult to generate a lot of income from Etsy, but it is always possible to enjoy your own creativity and the creativity of other people here.